Friendship Bench Competition
October is Mental Health Awareness Month & to mark it we are launching a competition to give away 2 Friendship Benches.
What is a Friendship Bench?
Friendship Benches can be placed in communal areas of a school.
When a child feels the need for a friend to talk to, they can show this by sitting on the friendship bench. Other children and staff then recognise this as a sign that some help, support or comfort is needed and will come to talk with the child.
How to Enter:
Fill out the details on the back of the application form & return to us at 8/9 Mainguard Street by 5pm on October 7th 2019.
Winners announced at a live draw in our Westside branch at 3.30pm on October 10th 2019.
Competition open to the following schools in our Community:
|St. James N.S||Bushypark|
|Scoil Seamus N.S||Barna|
|Scoil Íde N.S||Ard na Mara|
|Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh||Knocknacarra|
|Scoil Einde N.S||Dr Mannix Road|
|Scoil Iognáid N.S||Palmyra Ave|
|St. Patricks Boys School||Lombard Street|
|Scoil Niocláis Naofa||Claddagh|
|Scoil Bhríde N.S||Shantalla|
|Presentation N.S||Presentation Road|
|St. John the Apostle N.S||Knocknacarra|
|Scoil Fhursa N.S||Nile Lodge|
|Scoil Rois||Taylors Hill|
|Scoil Naisiunta Cuimin agus Caitriona||Oughterard|
|Scoil Mhuire||Church Road|
|Scoil Bhaile Nua||Newtown|
|Scoil Naomh Bride N.S||Tullykyne|
|St. Annins N.S||Roscahill|
|Educate Together||Thomas Hynes Road, Newcastle|
|Knocknacarra Educate Together||An Cimín Mór, Cappagh|
Terms & Conditions:
- To be included in the competition a representative of the school must attend the live draw at 3.30pm on October 10th.
- Competition open only to the schools in our Common Bond area – listed above.
- Applications must be returned to our Mainguard Street Branch by 5pm on October 7th 2019.
- The Friendship Benches will be allocated by an open draw.
- One application accepted per school.
- Competition only open to schools (listed above), individuals may not apply to win a friendship bench for themselves.
- The Friendship bench prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The decision of the Board of Directors of the Credit Union shall be final.
- For the winning schools of a friendship bench, a presentation in school of the bench upon completion of installation will be required where photographs will be taken for publication in newspapers, social media, our website, AGM Booklet & also for internal publications.
Please note: A Presentation will also be made to the winning school at the live draw on October 10th 2019 and photographs/videos will be taken at this occasion and published in newspapers, social media, our website, AGM book and also for internal publications.